- you 'brush' your own hair with any comb or brush you pick up. It. Is. So. Adorable.
- you hold cellphones to your ear and 'talk' excitedly. So cute!!!
- you give kisses on request. You've been giving me kisses for months when you would see me pucker my lips and go "mmmmmmwah" (kiss noise), however you now understand the word 'kiss' and also 'beso'! The other day Omi even taught you to give the puppy in a book a kiss!
- You can also point things out like 'airplane', 'puppy', 'bird', and 'baby'. I realize now that I should be actively teaching you words, since you're so freaking smart!
- You now have four teeth! The second bottom tooth came in the day after I wrote your last update. You're a pretty good teether, not too fussy so far.
- You figured out what the drain stopper does in the bathtub. So now when you take a bath you unplug it, plug it, unplug it, plug it, unplug it, plug it... and watch the water go 'byebye!'
- You are obsessed with touching the TV, probably because we told you that you can't! You pull up on the many pieces of furniture/toys we have in front to block it, and steadily inch your way towards it. All the while you are looking at us with this look that says 'don't mind me, i'm just playing. what? who me? no! i'm not going after the tv. talk amongst yourselves' (yes I regularly interpret your noises and looks into witty, full-out sentences).
- you still pick up every piece of fluff off the floor and put it in your mouth. Recently you started to pick it up and hold it out to us. Then when we would go to take it from you, you would turn over and start sprint-crawling away. Then you'd sit back up from farther away, hold the fluff out to us again, and once again when we'd come get it, you'd run away! You're inventing your own little games... so tricky!
- you play your own game of peek-a-boo with me when I have the chair reclined and you're on the ground. You pop your head up and giggle and then squat back down so I can't see you, and repeat!
- You love our bed. Any time we go upstairs you beeline for the bed and 'jump' (fast squats) up and down excitedly trying to crawl up onto it, giggling like crazy.
- You take longer naps. Now that Papa is putting you down for naps most of the time, you sleep for about 1.5 to 2 hours! You don't always have a second nap, but if you do it's around 4 pm. You're just on the brink of needing only 1.
- You can stand on your own now, but when you realize you have no support, you lower yourself to the ground right away! You walk only holding one of our fingers now. You hold the other arm kind of out and above your head for balance I guess but it is sooooo freaking funny and adorable!
- We got you a soccer ball (size 3). You are amazing with it! We walk you around and you kick it in whatever direction you want. When it gets stuck in a corner you get so frustrated! You also play catch with us, and roll it back and forth to us on the ground. You started throwing it overhead too! After the ball makes it to us you lift your arms over your head as if going 'GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!' (which I showed you ONCE). Haha it is so cute!
- You make vroom vroom noises now when you play with your trucks and your trike.
- You no longer settle for being IN your stroller, you now want to walk BEHIND it, pushing it along!
- You seriously have your own language. I know a lot of what you're saying but a lot is still a mystery... I wish I knew exactly what was going on in that little head of yours!!
- You dance EVERY SINGLE TIME you hear music. It starts with a head-bob but you also do a full body booty shake too! Your favourite song for dancing seems to be 'Party-rockers' by LMFAO haha! But you also like salsa, bachata, merengue and all kinds of latin music too.
- You give high fives. So cute!
- You say 'whoa' very excitedly when you see something you think is cool. And I think THAT is pretty cool.
You amaze me every single day. I'm constantly being surprised with how much you can learn in a single day. I'm sooooo proud of you my little man. LOVE YOU SO MUCH BOOBOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment