Friday, February 6, 2015

New Developments in the Macuil Family... Welcome Anabel

So, it's been almost two years since my last post. I've been busy! I graduated from physiotherapy school and we moved back to my home town of Sault Ste. Marie. I got a job as a geriatric physiotherapist at the hospital. We bought a house and have slowly been renovating it. We had a baby!!! And so, without further adieu, here is Miss Anabel Macuil:


Anabel was born on Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 at 11:55 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 22" long. This is the first photo taken of her. She's on our bed. The reason the first photo involves our bed, is because that is where I gave birth to her!!! I still almost can't believe I did that. On purpose. Moving on.


This was me nursing her the morning after. I look pretty tired. But I felt AMAZING. Home births rock!


Here start some photos I took during a several day long photoshoot with Anabel. Above will become our birth announcement. Thank you pinterest!


Awww isn't she just so sweet??? She's a very easy baby so far, especially compared to Max, who was... intense.

 

Speaking of Max, aren't they adorable together?? He is the proudest big brother ever and loves her so much. And I can already tell she loves him too. She can't take her eyes off of him when he's around. He kisses her nonstop and always says things like "Look at her tiny finger! She's so cute!" Melts this mama's heart, I tell you.


Here's another Pinterest knockoff of the full famjam. I kinda love it!


And another one. Meh.


Love these ones! She's so pretty.


Some lovely crib and nursery photos. Thanks Carly for helping out!!!


And finally some mother-daughter nursing photos. I wish I had more like these of me and Max, but I honestly did not have my faculties about me at this stage post-partum. It's been a very different recovery this time around, both physically and emotionally.

So, I hope to start posting more often again, now that I'm on maternity leave. I'm brimming with love for my little family of four. I can't wait for the arctic chill to break so I can get this booty OUTSIDE!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing pictures Rachel, Anabel is such an added treasure in all of our lives. So glad you are finding the time to get back to posting on this site. Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete