First off, my family rocks. My little family of three, my immediate family of five, and the whole extended family! When Max was just born, my Mama brought me a CD of photos she scanned of my first months of life (isn't that so sweet?). Below are some of them. The middle two in the top row are my favs. I love the look on my Dad's face. He looks so... proud, although that word doesn't quite encompass all the emotion I see writ there. The one of my Mom swinging me in the air is pure joy. Isn't she beautiful? I live this moment every day with Max, it's one of our favourite playtime games. Looking at these, I imagine what these younger versions of the mom and dad I know so well were thinking. What were their hopes and dreams for me? Have I lived up to their expectations? Have I made them proud?
I've seen all these photos a million times before, but I guess they affect me more now because I'M now a Mom. I always knew my parents loved me, and felt loved growing up. But now I KNOW. I know the fierceness of that love. I know their hearts swelled every time they looked at me. I know every one of my hurts, great or small, was their devastation. I know how far they would go to protect me and keep me safe from harm. I know the fierceness of that love.
{Feeling more ashamed and heartbroken than ever for all my horrible, angsty teenage drama.}
Whoa, did not know this post was going there.
The point I originally set out to make, Max, is you are lucky to be a member of my awesome family. You have amazing aunties, uncles, second cousins, great aunts and uncles, etc., etc. We have a total BLAST when we all get together, which is NOT often enough. The next time will be Nikki's wedding in July, and I can't wait! I'm also soooo excited to meet the rest of Daddy's family in Mexico. You and me, we'll be in the same boat, unable to understand or communicate aside from the odd grunt or squeal. We'll just have to stick together ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment